Thursday, March 22, 2012

Jumping ahead

I know I shouldn't do this - but..............

I received this top at our Guild meeting on Tuesday night.  Tana S. mother had a stroke a few years back.  To keep her busy and to keep her hands moving Tana bought her mom this pattern.  Her mom embroidered each block - with amazing skill and beautiful stitching!  The back is wonderful - no long stitches to get to another place (like I would do).  Each block is a different state...with state flower and state bird...AND each state has a star where the capitol is.  Right now her mom is very sick, has been in the hospital but is home now - I'm going to do my best to finish this one as soon as I can - I so want Mom to see it.  Bless her heart - my prayers are with her right now.


Today's goal is to finish Phyllis's appliqued flowers.

ALSO...yesterday I picked up a bedspread from the local Interior Decorator AND 25 tshirts from a dear friend for a tshirt quilt from the shirts from her husband who died in an accident last year.  I feel so blessed that my friends have chose me to honor their families.  OK off to work...cya!

1 comment:

Sandy Panagos said...

Wow, that's amazing. You are certainly keeping busy. I know you will do a great job in this one.