Wednesday, February 16, 2011

February 16, 2011

LEAD...get the lead out!

I picked up 2 quilts from customers on Monday.  Tuesday we headed to Hancocks.  Today I have itchy eyes and feels like sand in them.  UGH.  I don't feel like sewing - but I need to get the lead out and load up one of the customers..they come before my RR. 

Here is one to do.  She wants just straight lines.  But I talked her into diagonal ones.  But Now I'm not sure.  She also gave me 9 yds of the red and white flowers for the backing.  Another lady said she needed a border on it.  But this was hand pieced by her sister.  I hate the idea of changing someone's quilt. 

I'm not sure - I laided it out and adding a border might not be a bad idea.  But the work would be mine.  I think she wants it quilted cause she is tired of looking at it.  I have to also do the binding on it.  So adding a border is all up to me to.



It Doesn't look bad with the border

Here is the second one.  This one she wants a flower motif in the circles, follow the flowers in the diamonds and just meander the rest.  Plus she requested brown thread all over.  Hmmmmm???  Customer is always right. 
Then to work on Bud's top
Here are my pinwheels.  Was planning on doing the background in black then realized the background in the pin wheel is black DUH!  The pinwheel would disappear!  Back to the drawing board!

 

Will try to see how green looks -


No comments: