Wednesday, May 18, 2011

May 18, 2011

Bright Ghetto is done

I finished quilting it yesterday - I'm so impressed!  It it the first time I used a Panto...I googled Pantograph for directions - I watched videos on Youtube...even had a small quilt on the frame to use it on - when I chickened out and free motioned that one.  I loaded Bright Ghetto only to think I might back out of using it.  Finally I rationalized it to myself...it was my OWN quilt...If I messed it up well - so what...I have to bite the bullet and do one!  It took much longer than free motion - took me 3 days to finish it.  Of Course I don't listen - Angela my APQS rep warned me NOT to use this panto for the 1st try.  To pick one that was easier.  Like I said - I didn't listen.  I did have some trouble on the sides - until I started to stitch the sides down before I worked across it.  I didn't have it set up right a couple of times and the pattern worked over the last row...so frog stitched (ripppit) I did get the hang of it - and I DO like the results. 




So  What do you think?  Pretty cool huh?  I'm glad I chose this setting with the 9 patches  -  OHHHH another point.  Our guild had a presidents challenge...we each got 1/8 of a yard of this batik blue and we had to put it into a quilt...my friend Roxanne suggested I use the President's material in the center square...SO Now I even have my challenge quilt done - of course I won't win - cause no one will know where the fabric is. rofl

So On to my next Resolution - Chocolate Stars!

No comments: