Friday, September 30, 2011

September 30, 2011

September Resolution Challenge...To Quilt my DWR....  It's been a LONG one on this UFO.  Started about 5 years ago with a swap with Quilters Anonymous.  We were to all make the rings and attach them to the melons.  Good plan huh.  Then everyone could attach the rings to the centers and we all would have a Double Wedding Ring quilt.  Yes in theory it was a good plan...in actual time - there were too many fabrics  - too many different people sewing ...  I had a difficult time piecing it...and a harder time quilting it...BUT the results look pretty good ... and I am satisfied.  Now to schedule another Resolution challenge to get the binding done...

I forgot to show you last month's Resolution  Challenge.  It's another is another completed UFO.  Long long ago in a far away land of swappers - was a quilter who lost control..  She swapped and swapped until she dropped...and now she has to pay...She has to finish what she has started - and at the last count it was over 50 UFO's.  BUT now her Churn Dash is completed and on the guest bed downstair...so totally NOT like her at all - this quilt is soft and girlie girl looking...WHO KNEW that she could be so lady like!


The picture is purposely a little dark so you can see the quilting.  I decided to practice my free hand feathers - you can't offer something if you can't do it...so all over feathers - all over the entire quilt.  I really like how it turned out and now I have something to show a customer when they come to drop off their treasured tops.  I hope someone takes me up on feathers...Need to think of a cool name for them...Hmmmmmm 

1 comment:

Sandy Panagos said...

You are really rockin' those UFO's! They are beautiful. I thought only ugly UFO's stayed packed away for that long......