Tuesday, October 4, 2011

October 4, 2011

Tomorrow I'm OFF TO A RETREAT!!  wooot woooooot!  I'm packed up - my wheelie sewing machine tote is STUFF beyond with projects.  (also have another one with extra stuff) - my SewEZ table is in the trunk - Aggie's quilts packed - my show and tell packed -  My clothes are in my newly made over night bag WHICH, I might add, still has room....



Projects taken along are: A tote bag like the one above (son has asked me to make his girl friend's daughter one, Summer in the Park (strip quilt), Halloween swap block (need to make one more and see sashing and borders to it), BB&B (bright batik & black) PPing blocks-another new swap...ONLY need 36 blocks...how lucky!  Christmas Log Cabin (blocks sew them together), and the dreaded Cinco de Mayo (PP and pieced EQ quilt from Karen Stone.  I didn't buy the book -  I thought to myself ... Who needs it...well in June (at the last retreat) it took me 14 HOURS to do one block.  We will see how long it takes this time.  So that's 6 project for 4 days...rofl...I think I have enough...Oh well what I don't finish I have another retreat in November...so 4 retreats in 1 year - so that qualify me to be a retreat junkie?

I'll be home on Sunday - I hope I have some stories to tell.  See ya then -

3 comments:

Heather said...

Wow you are taking a lot! I would definitely have to say that you are a retreat junkie!!

Rebecca said...

So did you finally figure out how to do those Cinco de Mayo blocks? (in less than 14 hours?) Ole'

Sandy Panagos said...

That's a lot of projects. Hope you manage to sneak in a little fun, too! Cute tote bag.