Monday, March 5, 2012

De's is Done

One of my new customers...De V's is finished.  I told you the story behind it and I know this quilt's new home will cherish De's loving gift to them.

Squiggy didn't like all the seams...but kept trucking along.  I wish I could borrow this one in June.  I'm going to a retreat and there is a Black/White and one other color challenge.  Sure would make my life easier.  But I totally understand the need for this quilt to return home as soon as possible.   Here she is!

The floral panto I used couldn't have worked out any more perfect.  The panto forms "V" going across with leaves and flowers....just so happens they lined up with the teal squares.  (I did that on purpose...Not) BUT I'm so pleased that they did line up...or I'd be doing some reverse sewing!




Here is the lovely pieced backing De made using the fabrics from the quilt top..   LOVELY and not a waste of fabric was had in her quilt.  De is amazing! 


Here is a close up of the teal backing section - you can see the leaves and flowers in the panto.  


All that is left is wrapping this baby up and sending her home.  Good luck Dee - and bless your heart for helping this family heal.  HUGS!

1 comment:

Sandy Panagos said...

Another pretty one! You sure help people get their UFO's done!