Wednesday, August 29, 2012

the WOW factor

Today my husband, Bill, created a new term.  He said I need to go after the WOW factor.  Which means - when a customer gets their quilt back - and if they says WOW!  Then I've received the ultimate compliment. 

So when Sondra received her mom's quilt back I received the ultimate.  She said "WOW - oh I love it" - and thus the WOW Factor...  Then I pulled out the 2 pillows I made from the left over blocks...and the smile on her face warmed my heart.  I think the best part of my job is the creating of an heirloom.  Sondra had told me she was giving this quilt to her son...but she claimed it was going to be hard to part with it and thought she would display it in her home for a while.  Isn't it nice to know what you have done is appreciated. 

Here is Sondra and I won't bore you with all the pictures.  But click on her "Mom's block" and it will take you to my Photobucket album.

 
    

 
Of all the quilting I do for others..I believe my most favorite of all is doing the ones that will become a legacy for their families.  I believe this one will be a favorite!
 
And with the Vintage Quilt back home - I needed to move on to the next one.  A fellow retreater had a Betty Boop top for her daughter.  She asked if I could do a rush job on it.  I thought that I could do it...So I got it the end of last week.  Loaded it yesterday - worked on it - finished it today.  It was such a FUN one - I loved all the Betty Boop fabric.  I have no clue where she got them all - but each was so cute and I had no idea which one would be my favorite.
 




 
And so Poor Squiggy might have the day off tomorrow.  He is making squeaky noises...I might have to put in a call to APQS to make sure he is ok.  What would I do without my little man!
 
This week he has "done himself PROUD"