Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Where was I?

Did you think I ran away?  Forgot where I was? or Decided to do something else?  Ponder life as it is?  Or have a bad case of the DeadA**?  It was the last one.  I don't know what happened but Man I could NOT get motivated.  It happens...and we just move on.

I picked up 3 more quilts in the past week...and have had an email asking me to meet up with a group of ladies from Paducah.  So I guess that was my motivation...I better get that tushie in gear!   I have emailed one gal twice - before she left the house she said "do what ever you think works" so I'm about to "do what I think is best" on hers.  I did manage to move the antique blocks from upstairs to the sewing cave.  I did get a FB message on which sashing would like on her tshirt one.  And I finished the one I picked up today.  OK Before you jump to conclusions - this was a small wall hanging and I knew I could finish it today....one down! 

This one has a VERY special meaning to me.  It was a UFO from a guild member who is looking down at us from Quilters Heaven.  Margaret sat with me for lunch one year when we went to the quilt show in Nashville (been a while) Our grandson had just been diagnosed with Diabetes.  Margaret had it to and took the time to talk with me about the disease.  She made a huge impact..I'm very appreciative for the time she took to talk to me.  Unfortunately we didn't have another chance.  I hope she is smiling at how I quilted her wall hanging.   <3 Miss you!!






This past weekend our Facebook Group - called The Quilting Room - had our first mystery.  It was short and sweet.  We only had 3 clues!  One Over (WAY OVER) Achiever completely finished her quilt - no not just the top..she quilted it AND did the binding!!!!  (way WAY over huh?) I have really enjoyed seeing the same quilt in such wonderfully different versions!  Here is mine







And so - My case of the DeadA** has ended!  On to another Project!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Love the quilting!! And your mystery is beautiful!!

Sandy said...

Boy, when you get it in gear you REALLY get it in gear! Everything looks great as always!