Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Judy's Carpenter Star

Long story -  so sit back - relax - and enjoy.....

I found this totally neat picture on Facebook of string blocks pieced into a carpenter's wheel with a star in the center.  I thought it was so cool that I shared with my friends.  Roxanne loved it - I said maybe we (3 of us) could do this as a swap - Roxanne says...Judy would IF WE DID THEM IN BLUE....Judy sees it and say - this will be perfect for our new camper.  So I found it - Roxanne is making it in beige and grey - soft warm colors...I'm quilting up a storm and have no time for me ... and Judy.....being an Over Achiever....She finished it a few weeks ago. 



She gave it to me to quilt - but didn't know what she wanted...only stipulation was - CHEAP.  rofl...  Then she wants feathers - (Cheap feathers????  Isn't that an oxie-moron?)  No such thing.  I said I MIGHT be able to do something free hand - but not over the top ones.  She didn't care - just go cheap.  Now mind you, Judy is NOT a cheapskate...frugal maybe - not cheap.  So I tried them - not too bad. I don't think it turned out too badly.  BUT - the first row was a disaster!  Come to find out when winding the bobbins - the thread slipped out of the tension discs and it was VERY loose.  (didn't see it for the thread wound nicely at the outside UGH) But as I was quilting it would hit a loop - loose stitching - then get tight and stitches were nice.  When I got to the end of the row and looked I almost cried!  I had to pick out the entire sections of feathers!  The blue thread worked fine - It took me a day and a half to figure out what was wrong.  Rewound the bobbins and all was fine for the rest of the quilting!




 Doesn't the back look GREAT!  The thread just sparkles...you can't really see it in the picture -- but trust me...It looks GOOD! 

 
Judy picked up her quilt yesterday and LOVED IT!  and I came in at her price range!  Dang I'm GOOD!

No comments: