I found this totally neat picture on Facebook of string blocks pieced into a carpenter's wheel with a star in the center. I thought it was so cool that I shared with my friends. Roxanne loved it - I said maybe we (3 of us) could do this as a swap - Roxanne says...Judy would IF WE DID THEM IN BLUE....Judy sees it and say - this will be perfect for our new camper. So I found it - Roxanne is making it in beige and grey - soft warm colors...I'm quilting up a storm and have no time for me ... and Judy.....being an Over Achiever....She finished it a few weeks ago.
She gave it to me to quilt - but didn't know what she wanted...only stipulation was - CHEAP. rofl... Then she wants feathers - (Cheap feathers???? Isn't that an oxie-moron?) No such thing. I said I MIGHT be able to do something free hand - but not over the top ones. She didn't care - just go cheap. Now mind you, Judy is NOT a cheapskate...frugal maybe - not cheap. So I tried them - not too bad. I don't think it turned out too badly. BUT - the first row was a disaster! Come to find out when winding the bobbins - the thread slipped out of the tension discs and it was VERY loose. (didn't see it for the thread wound nicely at the outside UGH) But as I was quilting it would hit a loop - loose stitching - then get tight and stitches were nice. When I got to the end of the row and looked I almost cried! I had to pick out the entire sections of feathers! The blue thread worked fine - It took me a day and a half to figure out what was wrong. Rewound the bobbins and all was fine for the rest of the quilting!