Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Kathy C's baby quilt

SOOO cute!  Who knew that 9 patches could end up in an adorable baby quilt.  Kathy sent me 2 tops (the jelly roll that I blogged about in the previous topic) and I knew I had to get this one on the frame and done before another day went by - cause....YES I was getting sick again.  We have had some family dynamic happening and when I get stressed, I get sick.  I thought I could tough it out but went to dr. yesterday to find out I have strep.  MUCH MUCH Better today! 

So here is Kathy's 9 patch

 
I LOVE LOVE LOVE how the colors have blended in together!

 
When you see the 9 patches close up you never would have thought they would blend like they did.

 
I did some pretty tight swirls so that this wonderful baby quilt can be hugged on, dragged along and snuggled with for many many years!  NICE JOB KATHY!


Since I was feeling better today - and I don't have any batting (hope to get it Friday) I thought a wonderful project to continue on with is Sophie's big girl quilt.  I think I'm going to tell myself to work on this whenever I have a free minute.  I'm pumped to do this - it so SPRINGISH - so If I get it done - does that mean that spring comes 6 weeks early?

No comments: